Christian Workers' Book Set
Christian Workers' Book Set, Kenya — 92166
"One knock is not enough to drive in a nail"
After the historic Pastors Book Set Project (PBS) conducted by SIM Kenya for 12,000 pastors and evangelists during 2006/2007. Many thanks to all the generous donors who made this all possible. We want to focus this Book Set Project on a region where many Forgotten People Groups reside.
- Equip Christian workers in rural areas of Kenya
- with a set of context-relevant ministry materials
- Enroll 5,000 participants for 12 to 15, two day conferences in the major centres of the North and South Coast and NE Kenya.
- Present these participants with a 30-piece media bundle along with relevant training
- Focus our effort beyond pastors to Christian leaders in churches, Christian ministries, and communities, seeking to be inclusive of youth and women
- Select Africa-relevant materials on cross-cultural mission, disciplesship and leadership development, HIV/AIDS and Community Health, home/cell-church movement, Bible (hermeneutics and homiletics), marriage and family, counseling and emotional healing
Ways and means to accomplish the goals will be
- People: working closely with missionary organisations and church groups already serving in the area and with proven, good track records
- Staff: drawing mostly on voluntary and part-time staff in these centres
- Venues: Using project-friendly churches and facilities in the region
- Finances: predominantly printing materials locally at low cost (or buying from local publishers) thus keeping logistical expenses to a minimum
- Donors: We are utilizing funds from PBS 2006 as a starting capital, but will need to "boost" this with donations from donors who partner with us. We hope to keep costs for this Bookset project quite low