Welcome to the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the most populous country in Africa, where half of Nigeria’s population claims to follow the Christian faith.
Our overall goals in Nigeria are:
- Ministry to human need
- Partnering in mission
Our primary ministry partner is the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) but we also work with other denominational and interdenominational groups.
- Unreached people groups: We work in partnerships with indigenous organisations provide training in evangelism to people of other religions.
- We educate churches, seminaries and denominations in youth outreach
- We support the children’s ministry in ECWA’s Christian Education Department and recruit SIM personnel for this work.
- We are involved in capacity building for Christian teachers and health workers.
- We support the church in caring for the suffering and marginalised.
- We train church leaders to be effective in their ministries
- We provide good discipleship materials suited to different contexts.
- We assist the church to recruit, train, and support Nigerian missionaries
- We emphasise prayer as a priority for SIM missionaries
- We assist ECWA in using media to reach unreached people groups.
- We provide trauma healing workshops and debriefing for churches and individuals affected by ongoing civil crises.
Points for prayer
- Pray for the Nigerian Church as it endures great hardship and persecution.
- Pray that Nigerian Christians will show love and forgiveness and will pursue peace.
- Pray that true biblical discipleship will be a priority.
- Pray for church leaders to lead the church effectively
- Pray that mature Christians will mentor and disciple others
- Pray for health workers to minister to the suffering and marginalized in Nigeria,
- Pray for Muslim people in the north of Nigeria.
- Pray for the ministries to children and youth
- Pray for ECWA with its 2500 indigenous missionaries. They desire to reach far beyond Nigeria. Pray for personnel and resources to allow this to happen.
- Pray for our missionaries as they live and minister in this high-risk environment.